I've been on a wellness journey for 17 years. My health has been impacted positively on every level - physical, emotional, spiritual - and I am passionate about empowering others to live a better life. I find it interesting that friends and family often think the worst of me... assume I'm trying to "sell" them something... choose to view my endeavors to help empower others to improve their own lives as a way for me to just make money. Maybe it's my fault - maybe they don't understand my motivation - maybe they can't see that it breaks my heart every time I hear someone say they have this or that health complaint when I know they could do things differently, make better choices, live better lives.
Friends, whether you choose to follow the kinds of choices I've made or choose not to - that's totally up to you. Please know and understand that I wish for you a better life, and that's all it is about. There are many other ways I could create an income stream, and they would not empower others, only make me money. I choose to do something that fulfills my need to be a good person and help others - and that's all there is to it.
Just know this: Every health/wellness challenge you have can be positively impacted by making better choices. Don't play the victim and believe that there is nothing you can do to improve it. Start with better dietary choices - I could go on for days about all the garbage we eat/drink every day that is at the core of most problems. Just do THAT. I promise you, I won't make a dime from that choice - only you will benefit.
And IF you want to know more about my journey, and how I can help you with yours, just reach out.... I'm here for you.
Just scroll down the right side of this Sway Presentation to see this month's Newsletter! Cool; right?
Scroll through this Sway Class on Young Living Supplements below!
Tis the season for self care.... (Just scroll down inside the picture to see the self-care class below)
Osteoporosis: What can you do?
Osteoporosis affects both men and women, but of 10 million Americans with osteoporosis, about 80 percent are women. According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, women between the ages of 20 and 80 lose about one-third of their bone density in their hips. All the more reason why it’s important to keep learning and do all we can to strengthen our bones.
Causes of osteoporosis:
According to the Mayo Clinic, here are some of the most common causes:
1. Family tree: If you have family, like a sibling or parent, with osteoporosis, you are more likely to have the disease yourself.
2. Age: Even though young people can get osteoporosis, it is more prevalent among people 50 years and older.
3. Small frames: Women and men with small body frames, because they have less bone mass to lose, are at higher risk for osteoporosis due to decrease in bone mass over time.
4. Insufficient calcium intake: A lack of calcium across a lifetime can cause a lack of bone density.
5. Lack of exercise: Those who tend to sit all day, like at desk jobs, or who don’t exercise enough are more prone to osteoporosis.
Prevention of osteoporosis:
The time to start preventative measures is while you are young, but people of all ages can do things to help prevent and slow the progression of osteoporosis. Follow these tips given by the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease to help keep your bones healthy and strong.
1. Get enough calcium and vitamin D: Eating a well-balanced diet and getting enough calcium and vitamin D helps your chances of avoiding osteoporosis. So, choose things that are rich in vitamins like kale or spinach salad!
2. Get up and move: Your bones become stronger with weight bearing exercises like walking, running, jumping, dancing, tennis, etc.
3. Quit smoking: If you smoke, you may absorb less calcium from the foods you eat.
Super Cal™ Plus supplement for bones
There are plenty of calcium supplements to choose from, so what’s unique about this one? Super Cal Plus was created to offer more than just calcium and minerals—it is a true bone-health supplement. Here are just a few of the benefits it offers to you and, more importantly, to your bones:
- With a synergistic blend of bioavailable calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and K, and other trace minerals, Super Cal Plus supports the structure, integrity, and density of bones and teeth. Plus, adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life as part of a well-balanced diet may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.*
- Using a marine mineral blend derived from red algae that’s harvested off the coast of Iceland, Super Cal Plus harnesses the power of naturally derived ingredients to bring you the vital minerals found in the most complete bone-support supplements. This unique seaweed absorbs calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals from ocean water, bringing them together to support overall bone health, including bone-density support.
- Super Cal Plus also includes a unique fermented polysaccharide complex to support bone resorption and formation. With these powerhouse ingredients, plus a special blend of handpicked essential oils, Super Cal Plus plays an important role in maintaining overall bone health to help you stay moving.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.